Game Design Engineering
I am in the process of implementing my new website. This page is not ready yet. Sorry! Follow me on Twitter to be notified when the complete site is online. So far there is only a literature list. :)
Here is an incomplete list of literature that I recommend to anyone who wants to create games. It is incomplete and dynamic, I will update it in the future. I'm not sure if the order is important. But if in doubt, I would just start at the top.
- "The Art of Game Design: A Book of Lenses" by Schell (2019).
- "Rules of Play" by Salen and Zimmerman (2004).
- "Defining Game Mechanics“ by Sicart (2008).
- "Understanding Comics: The Invisible Art" by McCloud (1994).
- "The Design of Everyday Things" by Norman (2013).
- "Flow: The Psychology of Optimal Experience" by Csikszentmihalyi (2009).
- "An Architectural Approach to Level Design" by Totten (2018).
- "3D User Interfaces: Theory and Practice" by LaViola et al. (2017).
- "Game Engine Architecture" by Gregory (2018).